Update:

Well, If I want to brace the cab using the door hinge locations, I've got some preliminary work to do first.... Turns out that the brackets that the door hinges bolt to are shot...all over! Both top and bottom are either rusted out or the weld nuts have broken loose or a bolt was rusted in place and ultimately broke off or had to be cut. This leaves me in a bit of a predicament. Do I forgo the cab bracing, given that the cab has already dropped by almost 2 inches on the passenger side? Or, do I make new brackets and install them so that I can use the bracing strategy? Oh yeah, in order to do the latter, I need to learn how to weld first. As I mentioned earlier, that is a skill that I need to learn in order to finish this task. I just figured that I'd have time to do so while I was working on fitting the patch panels with screws. The question is do I learn to weld, make and install the brackets and then brace or do I just try to level the cab and go for it?

I'm open to the pros and/or cons of each approach. Sorry for the rambling nature. Please be gentle!


Mike
1953 3100
The Gray Ghost
My Project journal