So, after much thought, I've decided that I have nothing at all to lose in attempting to fit the patch panels to the cab. Worst case scenario is that I completely destroy the cab. In my mind, that's not much worse than taking it out to the back 40 and letting nature reclaim it is as iron oxide. I'm not going to worry about welding at first. This thread started with the question of whether or not there was a particular order in which to replace panels. It would seem that there is not. Given that the floor panels in the rear of the cab are good and their connections to the rocker panels are also good, I'm using that as my reference point. Using the drawing that I included earlier as a reference, I know that the frame is at 10 and the floor is at 11.88 or 1.88 inches above the frame. Adding bracing that is 1.88 inches tall between the frame and the floor will help me level the cab. I plan to work one side and then the other, going methodically. Once I'm satisfied with fitment, I'll attach with sheet metal screws and move on. If I'm successful, I'll either try to tackle the welding myself or if I haven't been able to learn enough while working on the panel fitment, I'll take it to a shop and have it welded for me. Getting another cab just isn't in my budget right now. I've been collecting the patch panels for a couple of years now, not knowing that the problem was as severe as it actually was. So, I've already got the sunk costs of the panels. This is a hobby for me, not a living, so I can take as much time as necessary to figure things out. I've owned the truck for 14 years already, and have never driven it. A couple of months more to get the bodywork done won't kill me. Don't get me wrong, though. The thought of putting the running engine into the truck and a milk crate for a seat and then driving around the neighborhood did cross my mind...but I'll try to keep the faith. Just like everything else related to this hobby that I took up, I'm learning it as I go. Ambitious or stupid...the jury is still out, but I have to have something to do in retirement.