I am about to remove my manifold for some minor repairs (I cannot get the heat riser valve to move, tried for a week with the spray then hammer technique with no luck) and I was wondering what I should do to it before reinstalling. I have seen some manifolds that were painted that looked pretty good, so I need to decide if I want to go that way or just clean it well and reinstall. I am not trying to win any show awards with it, just want it to look good and protect it from any rust or corrosion in the future. So the questions are what could I do, and what should I do?
Also, is there anything else that I should do/look at, while the manifold is off? I read one suggestion is to look at and if needed, repair the pivot for the carb linkage. Anything else?

Thanks, Lee.


1956 Chevy 3200, 235 w/3 speed