I just installed my manifolds and had a similar experience to Schaffer’s1950. When I bolted the intake/exhaust manifolds together I noticed the the intake and exhaust ports were not on the same plane, so I loosened them and checked with a straightedge to see It there was enough slack to get them aligned and there was. When I installed them, I tightened both the manifold port bolts and bolts that attach the two manifolds together at the same time so they would basically self align. Seemed to do the trick but I won’t really know until I start the engine.

PS: Lugnuts, I love the Stove Polish idea and I’m running out to the local Ace to pick some up! [LINK]

Last edited by Phak1; 11/14/2020 2:51 PM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum