Actually I find the 2.95 a little low for my liking. I can leave from a stand still on level ground in 1.94 second gear without abusing the clutch. After that running through the gears the gaps are fairly consistent I run up to about 2500 rpm and it drops down to about 1800 between all gears. 2000 rpm in o/d will give me 50mph.
I searched out a .63 o/d specifically because I was under the impression the 5.14 was not interchangeable with any other ratio.
When I came across this gem of a web site ( the Stovebolt forum )
I got schooled big time.
With the info I have now I would have went with a 1352 062 or 070 as they both come out of v8 cars and have the same gear ratios save o/d which are .73 which would have matched the 4.10 ratio I plan to put in, unless of course I can correct what ever is making my current rear end whine.