| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,331 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Claims of 20+ mpg with a stock Stovebolt I won't believe until I see documented proof of the testing of it. I accept the challenge. I think I can get 21MPG. My last road trip was 220 miles and nearly all interstate. I drove to see Alvin in Boiling Springs. My 250ci burns lots of oil and has low oil pressure. Oil pressure runs between 15 and 20 psi at all driving RPMs. I got 18.5 MPG on that trip with a rebuilt Rochester B carb, 29" tires, 3.73 rear and a T5 with 0.72 overdrive. Average RPMs were 2100 - 2200 with highway speeds of 65-70 for 95% of the trip. So I think it's realistic for me to achieve 21 MPG with a newly rebuilt 230ci and a progressive 2 barrel weber carb.
As far as a T5 in a 1 ton truck goes, I guess it'd be worth a try but I'd recommend a V8 Camaro T5 with a 0.63 OD gear if the 4.10 rear diff stays. | | |
| |
| |