I just recently posted about using a 62 4speed behind a 261 in my 1 ton. I plan on using a 410 from a 67-72 3/4 ton to get the rpms down and the speed up. But... Has anyone used a T5 in their one ton? I have one with good ratios and was curious about your opinion. I do want to drive this truck a fair bit, but I'm realistic as it won't be doing long,long hauls. Maybe 100 miles in a day once a week.
Should I stay "original" with 4 speed or will the T5 make that big of a difference?
Let us know how the 4.10 gears work...I am curious to see how it works....some folks are telling me 4.10's are stump puller gears and some are telling me I need something in the "3's" to make my truck highway friendly....mine is currently a 4 speed / 235 in a 1 ton chassis.....with 4.10's out of a 1985 K5 Blazer...I am hoping for 55 mph in the end...not sure the how these trucks will handle at that speed tho...that's a whole nother can of worms...
MikeC