I just recently posted about using a 62 4speed behind a 261 in my 1 ton. I plan on using a 410 from a 67-72 3/4 ton to get the rpms down and the speed up. But... Has anyone used a T5 in their one ton? I have one with good ratios and was curious about your opinion. I do want to drive this truck a fair bit, but I'm realistic as it won't be doing long,long hauls. Maybe 100 miles in a day once a week.
Should I stay "original" with 4 speed or will the T5 make that big of a difference?


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300