If you have to ask, then you may not be ready for two carbs. I run them because I like the look, the smoother running, and fuel mileage. They are expensive if you buy rebuilds, intake, and linkage. I bought cores and rebuilt them myself, made my own intake, linkage, fuel lines, and air filter. It was still expensive but worth it to me.

Tuning is not that hard, you may have to pull them off a couple times for metering changes, and there is some work to get the linkage set right. But daily tuning is no ore then a single carb requires.

The advantage I see is how the fuel is delivered equally to the cylinders, each carb is now feeding three cylinders instead of six. My engine is much smoother idling and smoother running down the road. I can tune for much higher air to fuel ratio's then with a single carb, I have a gauge just for this.
Best of all, after driving, I can shut off the truck and not smell any fuel in the garage.

Joe