Wallace Racing is an awesome resource for the hobby (and I own a GTO)

However, one thing many forget is that race parts don't necessarily work well on the street. MUCH easier to modify a carburetor for racing than for street use!
JW - I do not have a favorite 2 x 1 manifold for the stovebolt. Have helped customers with 2 x 1 setups for lots of different intakes; so far (knock on wood) no complaints.
On V-8 engines, have had a lot of issues with manifolds beginning with an e. Personally will use Offenhauser for my own engines if Offy makes a manifold for the application. But if you like a manifold made by someone else, by all means use it. If there were one perfect solution all of us would be using it; and life would be much more boring.
One other tidbid: while an adjustable main metering jet is a wonderful thing for a SINGLE carb installation; I do NOT recommend using them in a multiple carb installation (unless the customer has ready access to a dyno).
Jon.