Mark - this issue has been debated many times, and will likely be debated many more times.

Since I do this for a living, I will offer the opinion I have offered many times in the past.

One adds additional carburetion for functionality because:

(A) one modified the internals of the engine
(B) the original carburetor is too small
(C) to increase the volumetric efficiency of the engine

So:

(A) you didn't
(B) it isn't (and your Carter 2100s is an excellent replacement)
(C) with a perfectly stock stovebolt 6 you MIGHT gain 6~8 percent efficiency improvement because of better cylinder fill IF YOU DO EVERYTHING PERFECTLY! (proper carbs, proper tuning, proper synchronization).

Your term was "significant". If you consider 6~8 percent significant, then go for it.

Be advised if you do a less than perfect job it is possible to LOSE performance, perhaps as much as 20~25 percent.

Or as Jerry so tactfully wink stated, basically eye candy.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop