It's been nearly a year and a half since I last documented on the Blue Funk's Resurrection, but I'm slowly but surely getting there. Lots of Major Life Changes have occurred and put quite a Damper on my Motivation to work on the Blue Funk, but this isn't a Tell-All Thread, so I'll stick to the Blue Funk's Progress.

Just about all the Cab-to-Frame work was pretty much completed along with the oil filter system, gauges, electrical, etc. when I attempted to start the Engine. HRL Jerry was good enough to obtain, check out, and send me a Carter Carb replacement for the Damaged-Beyond-Repair Rochester Carb. Try as I might, I could not get the Engine to start and I eventually had the Blue Funk towed into town to a Tom, Local Mechanic I've used a couple of times in the past. Basically, the Dizzy had to be moved "a tooth or two" before the Blue Funk fired up. DUH!

So, I drove the Blue Funk home on Cinco De Mayo 2014 after last driving it on July 8, 2011 when it was T-Boned by a Big Rig!

I was impressed with the Relatively Smooth Running Engine, the Power, Steering, and Braking Performance in the first few Miles. But then, the Keeper fell off of the Throttle Linkage and the Ride became Riotous, but I made it home safe and sound.

Being a Night Person, both Professionally and in my Private Life, I plan to Tinker with the Blue Funk at Night in my Garage.

I've been Posting Pics and Drawings quite a bit on the Nursing Website I'm involved with, have learned a little about How To, so I Plan to take dynosaurus' Request and do the same here on the StoveboltPage.

It's Great to be Back and I want to send a Big Thanks to All of You and especially to HRL Jerry for his Involvement and attempts to Guide a Blind Sow to an Acorn.

See you around on the Forums!


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket