I was turning left off of a two lane when a Semi hit the Blue Funk totalling it out. Neither Belinda or I was injured. The ins. co. compensated me well for the cost of the Blue Funk and allowed me to keep it. Two reliable resources assure me the Blue Funk is repairable. So here I go:

The Blue Funk was returned to me toady and I set upon working on it as if I thought I knew what I was doing. When the Semi struck, the firewall to fender support was pushed into the carb, which broke at the base, on one side. The manifold stud closest to the engine is bent toward the engine. There's a hard plastic piece between the base of the carb that is also cracked.

This is going to be the first of many situations I'm gonna have to be dealing with. I thought I'd throw this one out first for ya all to reply to and share your perspectives and knowledge.

Thanks.


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket