Well, I got the leaf springs back on the frame, reattached the front and rear bumpers, and towed it out of the garage to sit under the carport.
Belinda and I drove down to Tulsa OK and picked up a '53 cab, left front fender, running board, and door. The fender, door and running board are in excellent shape.
I was not pleased with the condition of the cab's driver's side floor, as I understood it to have only surface rust. Ken Freeman, the owner of EastWestAutoParts, and I struck up, what I consider, a fair price for the cab.
I would highly recommend EastWestAutoParts, both for its inventory and personnel. There's a section of the yard, the NW corner, that specifically devoted to old Chevy trucks. Walkng through the yard was like a time trip. I took some pics and will post them when able. Scott and Brandon were very pleasant to deal with and they did the majority of the work loading and securing the parts to the utility trailor. Ken is personable and ready to work with the customer on the order. He even allowed me to leave the loaded trailor in his fenced-in locked yard overnight while Belinda and I used the pool and sauna, ate, and slept at the motel. It was a great Mini Vacation.
So, I'm messing around with the parts, cleaning and preparing them for paint and installation..
One of my current areas is modifying the '53 cab for a foot actuated parking brake, as it previously had a hand lever acuated one. A big "thanks" to Dads50 for his description of how the bracket attaches to the firewall in the thread "Inner Fender Woes". Both his description and pics really cleared up the situation for me.
That's about it for now. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.
Thanks for your interest.