Thank you, Jerry and Eric, for your intersest in My Endeavor.

I had the frame straightened and it looks good. The frame straightening was all I requested but the Body Shop ended up repairing two bent running bord supports. The total price came back at $300 which was $50 less than the ballpark figure they shot me. I am pretty much pleased all around.

I've begun removing the front leaf srings to clean, paint, and replace the bushings. The repaired leaf spring now correctly sits atop the axle as I hoped it would.

I've also begun a chipping and wire brushing other portions of the frame. This is not going to be a true frame off restoration, but more of a rebuilding process. I'm reading past forums on different Members perspectives on ways and methods of the frame preservation process.

One thing that amazes me about this 60 year old truck frame is its condition. Generally, there is only surface rust with very little pitting. If I do nothing aside from reassembling, this frame will far outlive me.

I drove a 1985 Toyota Truck for nearly 20 years when the frame rusted in two just behind the cab. They truly don't make them like they use to.

Well, that's just about it for now. Any comments ideas, or advice you may have is welcomed.


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket