It's time again to note the progress of the Blue Funk's Re-Assembly:

I reattached the Master Cylinder and some brake lines.
I attached the common bracket for the clutch and brake along with the springs and other parts.

Belinda and I were able to both lift and scoot the cab into place on the frame using the 2x12's. I put together the parking brake rods and assembly and then bolted down the cab.

The Manual said the rear shackles are to hold the cab something like 49/64" to 53/64" above the frame. I converted the measurement to 3/4" to 7/8" and stuck a 3/4" thick board between the cab and frame, tightened things down, and everything came out okay.

I've got the defroster vents, main wiring harness, guages, wiper motor, ignition, cowl vent, and lots of little things like the grommets, choke cable, and so on, mounted and/or in place.

I'm currently working on the heater box, cleaning, painting, and rewiring it. I'll probably next move to whatever draws my attention. I need to re-attach the pedals and hook up some general wiring. I could do some window and/or door work etc. etc.

I guess I'm sorta in the Kid in the Candy Shop phase of Re-assembly.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your interest.


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket