Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (MickeyP, MRMEROTH11, Gdads51, TexasJim50, 2-Ton, Southerntruck, Ponchogl, JW51, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
133
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,383 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 9 | I just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought the truck pictured here. When I bought it, i was thinking I wanted to totally modernize it, but when I backed it off the trailer and drove it through the yard, I was thrilled. Granted I didn't get out of granny-low. There's just a certain romance to driving an unrestored vehicle. The first things it needs are brakes and tail-lights. I can see that 2 or 3 wheel cylinders are leaking, so it's probably time for a total rebuild. Can anyone offer any advice on brake rebuilds and upgrades? I'd like to add a double reservoir master cylinder, and i saw a post on front disc conversion, but I haven't wrapped my head around what is involved. For now, I plan to do a minimum on the truck to get it into safe running condition as i have too many other projects going on. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | Welcome aboard Kurt, that is a great looking truck. Explore the tech tips and driveline forums. The brakes are the first important step. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 | That is an awesome looking truck, Kert!  Always nice to see another big bolt around. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 | Welcome... What a sweetheart of a find! And Roger on the brakes if you plan on moving it about at all. I'd hate to see those gorgeous fenders and front end get all scrunched. Keep us up on your plans & progress. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | hey, it may need some TLC but it sure don't need restoring!! Its great just like it is...awesome, fantastic......you lucky dog!  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Nice truck, Kert. Welcome to the site. Good move to do the brakes first. Good luck.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 9 | Nice truck, Kert. Welcome to the site. Good move to do the brakes first. Good luck.
Leo Not much choice on doing the brakes. Pedal goes to the floor. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Welcome to the Bolt! I LOVE that truck! If it were mine, I wouldn't do a thing to it, other than the mechanical and safety concerns. But I guess it's yours, not mine! At any rate, keep us posted on your progress. | | |
| |