The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Simso, Roy Rodgers, Gray_Ghost), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
What are these mirrors? I see them on a lot of trucks in the magazines.

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/...lassic_trucks_buyers_guide/photo_09.html

(BTW that is my absolute favorite 47-53 truck)


1950 3100 Project-just getting started
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Just drive faster, you won't need them

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
nice truck,dont care much for the mirrors though........dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
That is one fugly truck- - - - -mirrors and all! A good set of springs and some right-size wheels would help, but then the ugly mirrors would be one of the few remaining nausea-inducing details to deal with!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
I won't be that harsh, but I don't care for the mirrors either. They are just plain out-of-place on an AD truck.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
Boy, I'm not going to be that harsh either, its a nice truck but don't like the mirrors either.


1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Sometimes I forget where I left myself....
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
Wow, first post and lots of criticism...starting out on a good note here...



1950 3100 Project-just getting started
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
Yeah they do sound a bit harsh tonight, go easy on them, maybe just ran out of coffee.
By the way the mirrors appear to be "Carolina Mirrors", available from southernrods.com
Cheers
AM


1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Sometimes I forget where I left myself....
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 67
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 67
I think everybody's grumpy because it's a custom truck and most gents' here prefer a stock truck over a custom like that.

The truck itself is very nice. Every AD is nice not matter the wheels or stance of it. The mirror are most likely just standard aftermarket mirrors you'll see in any magazine. Although a newer style and I may not prefer it, I wont trash it lol I prefer small chrome classic mirrors.

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/...lassic_trucks_buyers_guide/photo_04.html

Last edited by dubds10; 10/29/2010 7:18 AM.

1957 GMC 1/2T SWB Stepper - daily drive for summer
1965 Chevy P10 Shorty Ice Cream Truck - project
1963 GMC Commercial Fire Dept Van - project


http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd364/otservice/
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hey Duwem, firstly welcome, I don't particularly like the mirrors either but I DO like the truck.
"Different strokes for different folks" as they say.......

Andy46 is right on the money although they wouldn't be my first choice.......

BTW we aren't all grumpy! wink


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Wow you guys !....take it easy on the new guy. The good thing about this hobby is that everyone has their own opinion on what looks good - be it stock or custom. I think that is a nice looking truck, obviously with a lot of care & $$$ spent.
As for the mirrors, try: visionhotrod.com


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
That is one fugly truck- - - - -mirrors and all! A good set of springs and some right-size wheels would help, but then the ugly mirrors would be one of the few remaining nausea-inducing details to deal with!
Jerry

^^^Agree^^^

I recently attended a steam/tractor/old vehicle get-together and there were a couple guys mocking my paint job (more to the point, lack thereof). After they were going for a second round of "No really, when are you going to paint it?" I replied, fellas that truck is a daily driver only vehicle and both my wife and I love her just the way she is, and by the way, I have more miles in reverse than you two have in forward combined. Picture two lost souls doing simple math in their heads....


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
I don't know why people feel the need to knock hot rods, or hipo stuff, in the Hipo forum, theres lots of room here for both parties
You like the stock stuff ?
So do I, but it doesn't pre-empt me from liking the rod stuff too !!
I wouldn't dump either enthusiast out of my garage !


1946 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Sometimes I forget where I left myself....
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I think one guy voice his opinion and some others followed. I can tell that a lot of folks don't like some of the way I do things but hey, money and time and I don't always have lots of either one!!

Oh, Southern Rod is just about 20 minutes from me. I think I'll got check them out....again smile

(I just like being different...which my wife says I surely am)!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Originally Posted by britcon
Wow you guys !....take it easy on the new guy. The good thing about this hobby is that everyone has their own opinion on what looks good - be it stock or custom. I think that is a nice looking truck, obviously with a lot of care & $$$ spent.
As for the mirrors, try: visionhotrod.com

Agree, sorry, I do apologize. BTW, the truck in the picture doesn't even have w/s wipers. It is different strokes for different folks.

After all the original post was a guy looking to buy similar mirrors. I just got carried away by two insulting 'trailer queen' guys from an incident that happened this summer one of which had a vehicle similar to the above link.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
Anyhew, just was looking for what the mirros were. Also like the round chrome ones.

On the wipers, it has the posts they attach to, just not the arm/blades for the pictures.

I'm not planning on building a trailer queen, but I will build a hot rod truck. Restored old trucks sitting on tall skinny wheels are not my cup of tea, to each his own, everyone has their own preferences.



1950 3100 Project-just getting started
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Sometimes our old-timers makes us forget about the golden rule. grin
Welcome to stovebolt Duwem.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
The truck shows a lot of effort and skill when into it's transformation.
I am just not a fan of the "sittem on the ground" school.


~Jim
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Be carefull when you ask for opinions because people will be honest with ya. It all comes down to your own tastes and what you want your truck to look like. I installed some very similar to those but the have turn indicators on them because "I" liked them.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Well, some of us have good taste and i like both the truck and the mirrors. just google mirrors and will show up. i had thought of putting them on mine but i still have wind wings and they might not fit.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 35
Robert, do you have any pictures?


1950 3100 Project-just getting started
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Originally Posted by Duwem
Robert, do you have any pictures?

Will take some this weekend.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Here you go:
pic 1
pic 2


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
I got the same as Robert
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/iceburgh/1953%20truck/IMG_0247.jpg
But dont think many here will like the truck....but I built what I wanted not anyone else

also have them on the 51 with out the turn signals

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/iceburgh/truck/DSC01438.jpg

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
I think I got mine from Yogis.....picked them up at a show but pretty sure it was Yogis

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Picked up mine from Southern Rods


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by mobileortho
Picked up mine from Southern Rods

Not a bad price either......


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
'
New Guy
New Guy
' Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58
I bought similar mirrors for my '54. They are from Billet Specialties.com. At least I believe they are the oval mirrors with a paint job. Mine are original from Billet Specialties with a polished aluminum surface.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0