The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, cmayna, Maybellene, Danielbolt), 123 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,496
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#614764 01/29/2010 6:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
not only new to stove bolter, but new to comptur also. I'm 70 years old and still playing with my toys. Love old cars & trucks. Retired from my own truck business. Have a 41 3/4 ton pu my wifes grandmother bought new, also have a 52 crosley pu.& a 51 super sport crosley & a 51 ford. Will post pic as soon as my grand son shows me how. orson benedict norfolk ct

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Welcome, can't wait to see some pics. sounds like some cool old iron.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,132
Welcome Doggy. Lots of info here on the bolt. I am what you might call"elderly"also.
These young upstarts here (50/60) on the bolt know their stuff. I ask a lot of questions and always get answers.

Weeds

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
You will be so busy from now on. Once you start looking up stuff about trucks on the computer, you will wonder how you lived without it. Have fun and good luck! My mom is 88 and checks emails and writes letters. Also gets on facebook once in a while. I think by mistake. But she loves it. Plays games too.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 235
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 235
Hello Orson!!! Welcome to the stovebolt. Tom here, I use to work at Arnie's in Canaan. Now I'm working up to Bonsal (was Watacrete back in the day) Driving flatbed. I did not think you would ever retire. Hope you are enjoying youself and stay warm up there in Norfolk. It was 3 below here this morning.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Originally Posted by FriedGreenTmater
Welcome, can't wait to see some pics. sounds like some cool old iron.

I agree...... Welcome to the Bolt! wave


Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the bolt. Age is definitley not a requirement around here. Since I'm over 60 I guess don't fit into the youngster category Weeds was talking about but I'm certainly young at heart smile
There is also a forum for asking computer questions so don't let it get you down.
Keep us posted.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
I want to thank all of you guys for the friendly comments. I think it is going to be fun when I get this figured out. It sure is different than swinging wrenches. Glad to be aboard The doggy dr.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Welcome Orson!


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0