The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nhluvstruck, 32Fordpuchoptop, Bill Hanlon, DHedrick, Ponchogl, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#537834 05/15/2009 1:06 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
FINALLY after months and months of the front of my truck sitting on blocks, its back to keeping itself up. Just got my new wheels and tires mounted and installed. This after swapping out the 3/4 ton axle for a 1/2 ton, installing a power steering kit and a 5 lug disc brake kit. Then I decided to work on swapping from a 4bbl carb to a Throttle body injection system for the 235. What should have only took me a few weeks came out to a few months because of work (fulltime 40 hrs a week) and evening college classes. Summer break is here so I have 3 months to get further along, and hopefully get just that much closer to getting my truck on the road.

Some pictures!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/wheels/100_0959.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/wheels/100_0957.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/wheels/100_0956.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/wheels/100_0955.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0911.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0962.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0960.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0961.jpg

Wheels are American Racing AR-23 aluminum 15" 5 spoke, fronts are 15x7 with Mastercraft Avenger GT 235/60R15 tires, rears are 15X8 with Mastercracft Avenger GT 245/60R15 tires. So far Im liking the stance/ride height. I have one item that I will need to change and that is the CPP steering arm on the front axle, I need to flip it upside down so that the ball joint is toward the ground.

Next step is to run all the brake lines from the master cylinder to the front calipers and rear drums. I wanted to wait until the truck was off of the blocks before I crawled underneath it.

Last edited by drummin52; 05/15/2009 1:51 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Chris, your doing a good job. And with the schedule you have had I think your doing one heck of a job!

I also really appreciate the pictures. I have bought up the gearbox and kit and have the 68 steering column almost back together. Your pictures are worth a thousand words and I like them better than the ones in my kit to install the gearbox...and showing just where the shock bracket ended up. Its just nice to see one in progress are already completed. I plan to do mine as soon as school is out....in 14 days!!!!

Keep up the good work and the pictures. Thanks for sharing.


EDIT: and the wheels look mighty good on there too!

Last edited by Achipmunk; 05/15/2009 2:32 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Nice Project ...an them WHEELS sure are PURDY!


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Looks great ! Your doing a awesome job


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
nice work, really like the engine..

must be my eyes but the steering wheel looks like it is almost in the center of the cab... or at least farther to the right then normal..??


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Lookin' good Chris.

I like the 'Noo Shoes'!

Keep up the good work.You're getting there.

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
looks real good.................dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 610
thanks for the compliments guys!!!


Joker it might be your eyes or at least I mounted it in the same place as the stock column. Its a telescoping tilt so it sticks out a bit further.

Thanks Again!!!

Some new pictures. I flipped the steering arm on the axle so the ball joint is facing toward the ground. The steering link was binding a little bit just sitting still. A good compress of the suspension and there would have been some real bad problems.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0966.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0967.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0968.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/rockfan1815/new%20pictures/100_0970.jpg




Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0