The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (R&S 51 GMC, Tiny), 152 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
I finally got around to opening up the POR-15 I have had for several months. It is the first time I have ever used it and I must say, I am impressed. I did my inner fender aprons, radiator support & a couple other things. I used a brush and I couldn't believe how good it lays down when it sets.No brush marks, just some little spots that I guess were trash the wind blew in it. I sanded the panels with 80 grit on a DA, cleaned them with Marine Cleaner & went from THIS to LOOKING NEW AGAIN .
Now if I can only find a way to dip my cab in it....... smile


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
darn fine job!

Im amazed at how smooth that looks, youd never know it was brushed on. Is that a specific type of por-15 paint? I havent used any of their paints, so Im a little clueless.

Way cool cool

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
wow,looks great.............dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Alan, just admired your fine work! thumbs_up I've used POR-15 for about a year now,Amazing stuff! Just watch though, It's U.V sensitive so don't use it on areas that will see a lot of sun! Not a problem for me in Scotland! big_eek
If you do have areas exposed, it would be better to overcoat with POR-15 Chassis paint.
Nice job though! cool P.S How's the roof repairs coming along?
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
Thanks guys.
Jeff: Just your everyday can of POR-15, nothing special.

Jock: I have heard about what sunlight can do to POR-15.I don't think the inner fenders will get enough direct sun to damage the finish, but thanks for the warning.
I needed a break from the roof this weekend. Thats why I did the inner fenders & stuff. I spent about 4 hours Friday drilling out spot welds from the used roof & trying to decide where I am going to cut the cab. I really didn't plan on, or want to cut the entire roof off, but that is what it is looking like I will need to do. headscratch


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I've used it for some time now and this is just a reminder to use some sort of respirator even if your just using a brush. This stuff can/will coat your lungs. If you do a search you will find all sorts of info on it.
I love it though. Just put it on my panel's chassis this summer and it looks grrreat.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 443
I put it on outside in my driveway so I had plenty of ventilation AND I wore a 3M organtic vapor respirator.Hopefully I didn't breath any of the bad stuff in. Does it have isocianates(?) in it?


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
I have never used a respirator while spreading POR 15. Aerosol enamil is worse for you health than POR 15. But do paint in a well ventilated area.


No better smell than that of fresh paint. I've been building and painting cars/trucks for 47 years. Not gonna stop now.
http://www.coxcustomcars.com/



Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
WOW, the panels look super! nice job


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0