Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,569 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 | We've got the start of the June News page finally done "enough." You might appreciate this headline from John: After 12 years, we're saying 'Good Bye' ... Better go read. I know I have LOTS to add (and probably some things to fix) but I wanted to get it up there (started) before the 15th. Peggy
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | Pretty exciting stuff there Peggy, we've come a long ways since the days in Hawaii. This is truly exciting to see the 'Bolt 'Bolt UP! Thanks as aways for your's and John's dedication, hard work, and vision in making this the best truck site on the WWW.
Don My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 |
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 114 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 114 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Congrads!!! Great to see things improving when all the time you thought it couldn't get any better.
~Jim
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | As time marches on all things change, as do we & so does Stovebolt. Looks good Peg.....Zookeeper | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 | No no no. You were suppose to be in a panic because of the headline!!! hehehehe We have come a long way. Most of it kicking and screaming. Paul Schmehl can attest to that. I'm not to keen about change since I like to work on auto-pilot once I've learned something. That auto-pilot includes a variety of mistakes. Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | don't scare me like that... it isn't nice.
-W | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 181 | Peg, If it's any consolation, I was MORTIFIED by the headline! I thought I was going to read about you and John retiring from the 'bolt'!!! You shouldn't do that to an old geezer like me! LOL! In my humble opinion, while the entire gang may be the 'body' of the bolt, you and John are still the heart and soul that keeps it all together! I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate you guys immensely! David
The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless! My 1962 Chevy C-30 | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Man, I had to go take a nitro pill and two tylenols Whew, the old ticker is settling down now Edit: does this mean I have to throw away the StoveboltPage golf shirt I have? Not a chance. Just getting broken in good :p | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,444 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,444 |
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 | Okay, glad a few of you were "surprised" (no heart-attacks allowed ... plus, I'd have to go back and change it!). Alvin, no keep the shirt! It'll probably take us another 12 years to get around to changing all the icons thoughout the site. Then John'll change the logo to just STOVEBOLT. And you all can say (many of you anyway), you were there the day it was born ... or at least little Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | While giving you the accolades that you so richly deserved I failed to mention that my reaction to the topic line elicited an "Oh no not the 'Bolt, how could this be."
I was here, well almost, the day it was born. The page was in diapers and really hadn't cut any teeth yet. Pretty amazing stuff for the 'Bolt to persevere on the net that long. Awesome as Lorr66 would say.
Don My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | WHAT THE H***, Don't scare us like that again. I thought maybe you were retiring to the tree farm. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Man ‘O’ man, I'm a real newbe here but I had to swallow my heart also. Ya gotta remember there are a lot of us old timers out here Peg, you kids shouldn't shock us with headlines like that! Again, thanks for all the work you guys put into the site. It has been a tremendous help to me over the past year and I wouldn't be anywhere near as far along as I am with out it. I think we all live with the real fear that some day these valuable resources could shut down and the information that is archived would be lost forever. This site, Tim Leaderman’s site, Keith Hardy just to name a few are worth their weight in gold . To loose these references would really be a crime. There are no, none, nota, tain't never been a hard cover book that could even come close to doing what has been done here. Thank you, vary vary much, to all of the site hosts and hostesses. I just hope you don’t go to crazy with the graphics or my old confuser won’t be able to keep up with ya all. I’d hate to see it take on the MTV look. Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 355 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 355 | Denny you being a newbie??.......now thats just funny.
Peg, we fear change, but we like progress also. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 | I'm just glad the website is still here!!! Thanks again. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 | Oh fear not. It won't look at all like anything MTV-ish. Remember, we don't like television to start with. So, it'll stay fairly much the same but just hopefully some *progressive* (as Jeff says) changes to make things easier.
I think the Event Calendar and the World page being automated (and being able to sort it) will be a huge help. And the folks working on those are into SIMPLE too!
Hahahaha ... we are a bunch of simple-tons!
(Denny, I ain't no young 'un. Just ask Koolcar!)
Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | Denny - I remember my first MTV experience, it was a song by Dire Straits called Money For Nothing
Now look at them yo-yo’s that’s the way you do it You play the guitar on the mtv That ain’t workin’ that’s the way you do it Money for nothin’ and chicks for free Now that ain’t workin’ that’s the way you do it Lemme tell ya them guys ain’t dumb Maybe get a blister on your little finger Maybe get a blister on your thumb
We gotta install microwave ovens Custom kitchen deliveries We gotta move these refrigerators We gotta move these colour tv’s....
Not to confuse the confuser but at the time I had two teenagers in the house.
Don My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 284 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 284 | You scared the heck out of me. I'm so glad your not going anywhere. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | mtv? what the heck is that? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 | Peg and John, us old guys scare easily. I don't need another 5 bypasses. The updating and improvement can only enhance what is already the best truck site on the web. THANKS you two for all you do. Weeds | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,087 | You *old* guys are pretty funny. We'll be slipping into an "older" group soon. Our oldest daughter is going to be giving us our first grandchild by the end of the year!! We can switch John's title to Grandpa-Pooh Bah!! Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | |
| |