The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Shaffer's1950, Bill Marlow), 66 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198544 01/17/2006 12:27 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
It looks like I'll have to find another truck, because my 1966 C-10 was crushed by a falling Oak tree on January 14. There were hurricane force winds here in the Georgia mountains for a few hours causing a lot of damage in my area. Even though my truck was wrecked, it did break the fall of the tree, and that prevented major damage to my house.

http://stovebolt.com/gallery/ducor_doug_1966_02.htm

#198545 01/17/2006 12:38 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
sorry to hear about your truck, at least no one was hurt,,,,,,,,that was a booger of a tree....Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#198546 01/17/2006 12:46 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 67
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 67
That's sad to hear. If it was a new truck, i bet the tree would have crushed it and the house. Defiant til the end.
Brendon

#198547 01/17/2006 12:52 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
Doug,sorry to about that .It has been really different weatherwise around here lately. i live about 3 miles from the atlanta motor speedway which got cleaned out by that tornado earlier this year. for a while i thought it was dejavu "all over again"


I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
#198548 01/17/2006 12:56 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
I just sent a final update on the truck, and hopefully it will be added to the page soon.

#198549 01/17/2006 12:56 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
srry to hear man...


1966 Chevrolet C-10
1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1989 Pontiac Bonneville
MY GARAGE...www.dragcitygarage.com
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Doug,
Peggy will get to it this week I bet. Many condolences on the truck -- what a beautiful truck and it died doing what trucks do -- serving. On behalf of all the Stovebolt Staff, I just want to say how sorry we are to hear of another great old truck's passing. It was trully a beautiful truck.

Sincerely,
John and Peg and all the Stovebolt Staff


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Wow, man. That's a drag! What kind of insurance did you have on that? Will you get enough compensation for a new truck?


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
I am sorry to hear about your trucks passing. It is hard to lose a good vehicle, espescially a good looking old one like that. My condolences on your loss.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
Doug Sorry to hear of the trucks passing
As stated if theres anything we can do?
We will cause were Bolters AND we stick together
We can rebuild him
We have the technology

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The roof of the cab and windshield were destroyed, and the hood was damaged. I suppose that I could get another cab, but I have decided to replace it with another 1964-1966 Chevrolet truck.

I will post it in the Swap Meet when I am ready to sell it. wink

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I am truly sorry about the news of your loved one I can only hope that some of her parts can make it to another Bolt so that she may live on.
If there is any thing we Texas Bolters can do just let us know!

May God Bless,

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Bummer.

I had seen this truck up close, it was nicer than mine... very cool truck.

sorry to hear about it Doug.. but at least the truck protected the homestead.

-W

#198557 01/24/2006 11:52 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
To see the death pics of Curly's cab(Doug 57 emailed them to me),

go here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/woogeroo

click here:

Truckpics

they should be the bottom three pictures.

At least it caught the tree...

-W

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
My accountant was going to get her grandfather's truck of the same vintage until a tree squoze it. And that was a much bigger tree the way I heard it.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The Oak that fell on my truck was about 18" in diameter, and was about 60 years old. It was one the larger trees in my yard.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
Doug,

It still looks better than my 66 LB FS. I'd suggest just hacking off the cab and making it a convertible, or would that be 'converted' since the top would be GONE. grin

Rance


66 C10 FS/LB 292/4-spd manual (I also enjoy Hang Gliding)
I'm too sexy for my hair, that's why it isn't there
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 21
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 21
that is awfull


NO MORE BLING RIMS!!!!!
1966 GMC 1/2-Ton Pickup
#198562 01/27/2006 12:36 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Rance - that'd make it a 'roadster' .

grin

-W

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
Wish I had your truck, I'd cut the top off it and then replace it with the top of the cab off dad's old truck. I helped a guy do that once to a late 70's c/10. Of course could just find a big bolt and swap the whole cab (big bolts are about the only ones around here that aren't ate up with rust).

Rob

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 27
Sorry to hear about your truck, a good loking pickup.

It is repairable. If you don't want to I'm sure someone on the site would like to buy it.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
Thanks for all of your support. smile

I'm in the process of finding another cab for "Curly", and hopefully will have him back on the road soon.

Here is a link to the Gallery page with pictures of the damage.

http://stovebolt.com/gallery/ducor_doug_1966_02.htm

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 101
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 101
Doug,

Sorry to hear about you truck. Let us know when you get her up and running again!


Roger
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45469713@N00/?saved=1
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I used to know a bodyman that would fix something like that with some straightening and mega quantities of bondo! He fixed up a rollover Austin for one of the apprentices. It looked fairly decent until they discovered that new windshield didn't fit the "new" opening!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 74
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 74
thats awfull im very sorry

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
I located a very clean 1964-1966 GMC cab today. It is about 25 miles from here. If I cannot find a decent Chevrolet cab soon, I'll probably get that one.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
cool man, it would be great to bring that poor smashed truck back to life.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
Hey Doug Sorry to hear about your truck. If it makes you feel any better just think about it this way. Your truck gave it's life to save the house that it's owner lived in. There is no higher honor for a great truck!


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0