The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jeff Ogden, klhansen), 73 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,712
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Wow, George (46forme) has finished his '46 1/2-ton (or he thinks he is). It looks great!

Check out this box he made for his bed. Totally neato!

(He may have said this in here ... and if so, I apologize. Just in case anyone missed it. But I also get the feeling George won't mind if we bring it up again.)

Peg


~ One of many.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
George Wells is FINISHED !! (he'll never post on this board again!)

hehehe

-W

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Sorry Woogeroo, I'm still here. I talked to Peg and I'm gonna to get a picture of the engine to add to the mix.

And you thought you got rid of me, Ha! not by a long shot.

George

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Great looking truck, George! I LOVE 46's!!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 235
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 235
Great job George. Get out in it now and have some fun.

Bob

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
grin
George -

That is one good looking truck! I love your choice of colors! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
You are really making me look bad! We both got our trucks around the same time and I am nowhere near being "complete". Your's looks great and is just another great example of why I can't get enough of this board! Inspiration to keep going on mine!

Thanks for sharing!
Tim


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Quote
Originally posted by 46forme:
Sorry Woogeroo, I'm still here. I talked to Peg and I'm gonna to get a picture of the engine to add to the mix.

And you thought you got rid of me, Ha! not by a long shot.

George
I was mockin' Peg's choice of words. hehe.

-W

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
George,
You have done a great job on your truck!
Now you need to take it on the freeway and let everyone know how you you did !

Warner

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
Nice job George!
I'm inspired!


Regards, Kevin
1940 1/2-ton (Uncle Willie\'s truck)

Thanks for the help so far fellow Bolters!
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Very nice! Know you are proud! grin

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 23
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 23
WOW, that is really nice george. Great job!

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Great looking truck George!


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
George that's one fine lookin Truck.The two tone colors are pleasent to the eyes,the interior looks great,bed wood everthing,great job Noticed the dual exhust pipes.What,s under the hood???


dan-pa
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
P
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Ya know, when I looked at that post subject, I wondered if people would think George got the big boot grin

Not George! You are right. He IS an inspiration and a super-nice guy, too.

So ... boot stays on foot.

Will post the engine as soon as I can. You know ... it's newsletter time again.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"Success comes in 'cans' ..."
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
OK here's an update. I took it on the freeway last weekend. What a nice ride, at 60 it's as smooth as can be. That old 235 just purrs right along. The 3.55 gears in the rear end make a big difference. smile

I just have to remember that this truck dosen't stop like a modern one, so defensive driving is a must. I'll be out there again, this thing is tooo much fun.

Thanks everyone
George

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
George, if you get down to Temecula stop by in the wine country. I would love to get personal tour!


Regards, Kevin
1940 1/2-ton (Uncle Willie\'s truck)

Thanks for the help so far fellow Bolters!
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
Of your truck of course!!!


Regards, Kevin
1940 1/2-ton (Uncle Willie\'s truck)

Thanks for the help so far fellow Bolters!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
George;
I sent you an email,but had to cut it short so I could mop up the drool on my keyboard. That's an AWESOME truck you built!
James


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
George,

Congradulations on finishing your super nice truck. It looks GREAT! Have fun driving it and enjoying your hard work.


Jim Karras
Orange, CA
'59 Chevy Apache 32 Stepside Pickup
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.59apache.com
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Thanks everyone. You might want to take another peek at the gallery. Peg was kind enough to add a copule of pictures of what I did with the engine. I had a couple of requests for engine pictures so now they are there so everyone can see them.

Thanks Peg

George

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
George,
It was great to hear you finally got on the freeway and turned out to be a nice ride. The important thing is you had a lot of fun and I'm sure the heads turned and the thumbs were up!
Question? What transmission do you have and what size tires ?

Thanks,
Warner

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Warner: I'm running the stock 3spd trans with a 3.55 rear end. I've got orig. 16" wheels but I don't know off the top of my head the size tire, something like 175 85 16 not sure. They are tall and skinny radials. They look about like originals but drive much better than bias ply tires.

George


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0