Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 587 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 587 | Got me a 75 Cargo Star COE. Had small fire on top of engine. Was some kind of sweeper rig, dual controls and such. Got most of the dual stuff out now, and working on replacing hoses and pressure pump parts fella took off the truck. Still need the radiator tank and other stuff. Wow, only a 75 and stores think it's OLD! Even IH can't get lots of stuff anymore. Hard to read parts books, with tons of diff set-ups, hard to figure which you have and how to read book. About going nuts, need a break. My 49 is much simpler to understand.
G.L. Grumpy's Old Iron Ranch Huntington, IN 46750
MM R tractor, Speedex and Power King tractors
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Go to www.oldihc.org That is a site like this, only for the IH trucks. You might be able to get some info from those guys. Their forum is called "truck talk". Good luck! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Grumpy, what you are experiencing is "cornbinderitis" and everyone who has ever worked on a cornbinder gets it. To my personal experience of many years of fooling around on this stuff it seems that IH never built two trucks alike. All I can say is get a bigger hammer and Good Luck.  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 36 | CCC - Cornfield Cadillac Corp. LOL I've driven/worked on various years of these...... <um> "fine pieces of machinery" :rolleyes:
Thats why when I climbed into my current 'binder, an '03 4300 with 21' steel flatbed, I was hesitant, to say the least. After driving it for 6 months (so far) I have to hand it to the 'binders.... it took them aloooong time, but they finally made a darn nice truck. Shame they werent a bit quicker.
Big hammer, a hot-wrench, and a few cold ones, it'll work out. be safe
artificial intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 477 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 477 | truck drivers used to call them "thirteen letter sh*t spreaders". never had much use for the things. internationals were expensive to operate after the new wore off of 'em, the dealer thinkd parts are made of gold, and without a line setting ticket you might have better luck calling a barber shop in pakistan to get information.
international?????
they made a pretty good tractor i hear. | | | | | Joined: Jan 1970 Posts: 365 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 1970 Posts: 365 | Dad worked on a lot of IHCs and always said they were a cheap truck to buy but an expensive one to maintain because parts were terribly high priced. I always theorized that when the auto makers went to door latch making school, IHC and Dodge skipped that class. Don't know about the tractors, especially the later ones, but I admit I favor the green ones (no, not Olivers)  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 154 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 154 | the tractors are wonderful. have 4 IH Farmall's from the 40's...4 cylinder, full oil pressure, designed to run on kerosene...and they start up every year for plowing, planting, haying, etc etc. the H's are quick, and do most of the work, but when it comes to the big grunt work, you can't beat the M's pull power. i mean..who doesn't like 3 foot flames out of the pipe when you're pulling at dusk? hah. but umm...never worked on the trucks..-shrug-. chevy makes trucks...international makes tracotrs...thats what i was always taught.. :p . 1969 K20 , with a '67 front clip. fleetside. 292, 3x1 offy, headers. sm465 4spd. getting put back together, almost ready for paint. doing it all myself. 19 and lovin' it. "proper" is so over-rated. .later days. .sam.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | The old Binders are fun, though. I've got several. I figure the next best thing to an old Bolt is an old Binder! I especially like the big old KB's and D Series. Plus, when you drive these, you get to learn the manly art of double-clutching!! The trailer I use to haul tractors to parades is pulled by a '58 AC 150. Even though the body is a POS, it still gets some looks, simply because there aren't that many of them around. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 116 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 116 | Gotta love Binders. I like Scouts. I've got a '62 like my Dad used to have. It's easier to get parts for my '47 Chev COE that the Scout though. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 15 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 15 | Ain't nuttin wrong with the old Cornbinders!!! Built hell for stout!!! But the parts are a tad bit exspensive.And they run forever.I miss my old 1210. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | samwise 58, are you sure that M's were dual fuel? I was (am) pretty sure that they were straight gas engines. I did have an old WD series once that was started on gas and then switched to kerosene but never saw a smaller trctor like the H or M that ran that way. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 | I agree parts are hard to find for Internationals If you don't have the line sheet for your truck,you have at least 3 possible versions of any given part to choose from,and countless varieties of each of those brands. They were built with a distinct tendency toward overkill-they have oil pan bolts the size of most trucks' headbolts. I was taught the quickest way to break a cornbinder was to over rev it. Keep the revs down and change the oil when you should,and a 'binder will outlast your house. I had a '61 Scout,that thing would climb anything I pointed it at. With the 4 cylinder,it wasn't the ideal rig to drive from Carson City up to Lake Tahoe every day,but get it off the highway and you couldn't stop it. Speed | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | They had some pre WW2 Farmall H tractors at the nursery where I worked several years ago. They were extremely dependable. I don't know anything about International trucks, but Chevy and GMC are better.  | | |
| |