There you go Tim, that makes more sense to me. I worked as a
Chevy parts man in the early 60's and sold a bunch of those
small colored accessory floor mats.
I also started out as a greaser/installer and saw a lot of the
full mats in trucks and they were all black.

Talked to a buddy of mine who is mid-term on a 1953 GMC 3/4 ton
P/U. He ran out in this bitter northern Illinois weather to
check his floor boards for me and reports that there are no pins
back by the seat and and doesn't appear that there ever were
any installed in the truck.

I feel confident in saying that '49 was the last year that GM
used the floor mat pins back by the seat. The rear holes though
seem to have been in the mats right up to the end of the run
for the AD trucks.

Oh, and one other thing I wanted to throw in here about the
original mats. You can see by this picture
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/148491995
that the part number
for the '54 mat was 3709557 but you won't find any reference to
that in the parts books. More evidence that the factory
installed parts were not exactly the same as the replacement
parts listed in the parts books.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 01/27/2013 12:41 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL