Tim,
This may disappoint you but my truck is going to be more of a "restification" A basic restoration with period correct modifications. It has had different wheels on it for as long as I can remember and that is all I have ever known. I like the looks and plan to keep them on it. I want stock style paint and colors, no body mods, stock driveline with period correct mods such as dual exhaust and carbs. I want the neat options that set 54 apart such as clock, and windshield washers. I guess what I am leading up to is that most likely, I will have a color coordinated carpet made for it with either "snaps" to hold flaps for brake fluid, battery, and trans dipstick access. I don't have that one fully sorted out in my head yet but again want something that has an appearance that it "could" have come that way. I hope you will forgive me for some added chrome and other touches.
A few years back, a set of "colored floormats" crossed ebay as NOS. I think I saved the info but have been through enough computers since that it may be tough to find now.
Last edited by Greg_H; 01/26/2013 9:02 PM. Reason: added final thought.