I am a proponent of synthetic oil and use it in everything I own but the real truth is it is pretty hard to justify in such an old low tech engine. It just isn't made for that application and changing it a little more often and keeping it clean is arguably just as good. But if you like to spend money then by all means go with it. I have used Mobil One exclusivly in all the cars and trucks for many years w/o a single oil related issue but so have lots of guys using auto parts in-house brand oil and saved enough to buy a case of good single malt scotch. So who is right?...obviously it is personal preference.




1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain