I am extremely pleased with my progress.

In less than two months since I brought home the '53 replacement cab, I have repaired, cleaned, and painted it. The cab currently sits over the frame, held up by supports, awaiting the final work before attachment.

You may ask: "How did you get it up on supports above the frame?"
Well, my Belinda is a real Amazon Woman and she helped me get the cab up on makeshift supports.

I got a couple of heavy wooden tables in my shop/garage, set them in front of the cab about 60 inches apart, and put a 2x12 across them. Belinda held the 2x12 as I lifted the cab onto it. When we were sure the the cab was stable on the 2x12, Belinda came around to the back and placed a second 2x12 under the rear of the cab. I eased the cab down and was assurred it was stable.

Belinda and I then backed the rolling frame under the cab. A third 2x12 was added inbetween the two. This center 2x12 is also being suported by the rear raised portion of the frame. The heavy wooden tables are about 30 inches high, and the top of rear raised portion of the frame is also about 30 inches from the ground.

And so...

I've posted some questions in the Body Shop and Electrical forums.

Thanks for your continued interest and support!


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket