I went in to renew my registration today on my 57. I have not been driving the truck for the last 6 months and it had expired. I have YOM plates.
I was informed that sometime in the next year that TXDOT will not be approving any more YOM plates, so if you have them, make sure that you keep them current. If you let them expire, they wont approve renewal. If you want them, get them approved soon before its too late.
This is the first I had heard of this. I assume it is correct info as it came from their office. Anybody else heard this?

Last edited by Woogeroo; 04/29/2011 7:58 AM. Reason: changed first topic to reflect the additional information in the thread

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150