| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Joe H, moparguy),
118
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | From one who has been there forget the double flaring UNLESS you have a nice hydralic type. Even when new the "mechanical" ones are just not up to snuff. I've used them, and had sucess, but man what a job! A nice hydralic one will run you just under $300 bucks and for that kind of money you can do a lot of other things. Wibas could order his complete set pre-bent for that! I lucked out and found a member of our car club that had a hydralic set and man, what a dream. He can make just about any kind you need.... of coarse this was AFTER I had did mine but since I was not happy with a "couple" of my flares he came by and re-made my tranny lines and power steering lines in a matter of minutes.... I bought my line in a coil. If I remember it was about $30-35 for a roll of 25' for 5/16 or 3/8. I also used it for my gas.
Don't take ANY chances on brakes as Grigg mentioned. | | |
| |
| |