Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Don't take ANY chances on brakes as Grigg mentioned.
Yep, good flare tools are expensive, but You can buy a nice old style one for around 100 that will do anything you'd need but stainless, I have one made by Imperial that is OK. Have some of the cheap line Of OTC that I won't use, they sent a replacement and I never unwrapped it..
The one I really like is made by http://www.sykes-pickavant.com/
here's a catalog http://sykes-pickavant.com.dnnmax.c...20-%20Brake%20Pipe%20Flaring%20Tools.pdf

One chance I wouldn't take is single flares. Always use double flares on 45* flared brake lines, the reason is to lessen the chance of the flare splitting and leaking later on.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-