Randy, that ugly-duckling web site was interesting. Unfortunately, he had only done the D100 and not the D200.

Long story here, but it does get to the point.

Years ago I put '62 Imperial brakes on a '49 Dodge 1/2 ton. The reason I picked those, was that they were large, had 5X5" wheel pattern that fit the 15 x 7(?) artillery style wheels that were under the large Imp hubcaps. The real reason is that I parked the '62 Imp, next to the Dodge and transferred the radiator, 413, firewall, AC, PS, PB, all the electrical, Steering/column, dash, push-button torqueflight, P/ant, P/seat and rear axle. The Imp rear had the E-brake and the Dodge 1/2 had a trans mounted E-brake. Or vise-versa. It was a long time ago.

I used a Hollander Interchange Manual to look up the Imp wheel bearings. The bearings fit a lot of vehicles, but the best match was for a '58 3/4 Dodge truck, which is also a solid axle. I don't remember the reason for certain, but as I had to rebuild the kingpins anyway, I used the 3/4 spindles and the 1/2 axle. The 3/4 kingpin was larger and so the hole had to be bored. I think the spring spacing may have been different between the two. The cost of fitting the larger pins was only a little higher than having the bushings done alone.

My thinking is that you should be looking for a new spindle and modify the pin and/or bushing. Why not find a late model solid axle with discs that doesn't have rear duals.
I looked in Napa's online catalog and looked for parts for a '90 Chevy step van, P30 1 ton. I just picked it at random.
I found a part number for a kingpin repair kit and also this small hub, 8 lug Hub & rotor for this application.

I would be very surprised if the step van had the same spring spacing or even a close tread width.

A lot easier to find would be FNord Twin-I-Beam spindles with disc set up. You never know until you check. You could pick up a single spindle from your U-Pick for next to nothing and check to see if it's do-able. I can't remember what their I beam spindle looks likeor even if it's a bushing in the spindle setup. It's just something else to look at.

Kingpin angle for any of the above could be off, but easily corrected, if going to a larger pin.
I'm not real crazy about the bearing sleeve idea.


'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd