After 4 1/2 years of my life and way too much money we finally took the father/son 66 out for its first drive tonight. Still a few things to do (box floor, etc) but Kyle's going to be able to drive it to school for a couple of weeks before he graduates Grade 12. Spent some time in a parking lot teaching him to drive a standard trans ( needs a little more practice yet) and then we took a run down the main cruising street here. Beautiful weather,lots of cruisers, lots of looks and thumbs up ( and a ricer not getting attention from anybody trying to race us).
Lots of times over the years I felt like walking away from the whole mess but after seeing the look on my son's face the first time he was behind the wheel and the way I felt while actually driving it for the first time made it all worthwhile.
Sure glad I stuck it out and didn't give up. You'll feel the same way somewhere down the road.