Thanks for the replies.
9.5-10:1 compression is what I am after. Cam sounds real close to what I was going to do, as well, although not sure about the heads. OldSub, I wasn't going to have him assemble anything except pressing the pistons on the rods, and put in the cam bearings anyways, so if the parts are bad, that wouldn't be on him, either way.
The pistons I am going to have are flattop, 4-relief, heads I was looking at either dart platinums/iron eagles or world sportsmen IIs, with ~180-190cc intake and 64cc chambers for the right compression ratio. Gotta go to work, add more later.
Thanks again, all.


Wide open 'til you see God...



Then brake

'64 Stepside 355, 700R4, 10:1 C/R, TCI Streetfighter, Thumper Cam, Hedman Hedders, starting wiring and bodywork shortly, W.I.P.
'07 Charger 3.5L
'99 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 360 4x4 (Sold)
'07 F@#$ Focus ST (Sold)