I understand it, too. The only thing I keep saying on here is this: The work I wanted him to do was only on the block/crank, if we were reusing my crank (this is after the crack was found), so the only thing that would come back on him is if he in fact DID screw something up.

And then, I would bring it back to him to remedy before telling everyone I know how bad he messed up, give him a chance to set it right. I wouldn't badmouth him unless he wouldn't get right with something that WAS a mistake/error/problem on his part, or work.

On that note, I found a motor, and thanks to you guys, I now know I can get my block fixed to build as a spare grin I actually found a 355 with darn near the exact same parts as I was looking to put in mine, fresh rebuild, at another machine shop, still on the dyno so I can hear it run.

Thanks again for all the input, be it for/against what I was trying to do, I'm always open to advice.
Tony


Wide open 'til you see God...



Then brake

'64 Stepside 355, 700R4, 10:1 C/R, TCI Streetfighter, Thumper Cam, Hedman Hedders, starting wiring and bodywork shortly, W.I.P.
'07 Charger 3.5L
'99 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 360 4x4 (Sold)
'07 F@#$ Focus ST (Sold)