Thanks, John, I'll try that name. Hoggyrubber, I agree completely with you, except I don't know if I'd pay quite double lol.

Jerry, that's kind of what I thought, I even asked about fixing it, and they told me you'd have to heat the block cherry red, weld it, then cool it for 2 days in sand in order to get it right. I was like, we're not trying to recast the block here, but ok. Thanks for the tip, makes me glad I didn't scrap it, picked it up and took it home, instead.

Don, sounds like you used the shop I wanted to find. I know they recommend 75cc, but that only brings the compression to around 8-8.5:1, and I'm looking at running 9-9.5:1 for more power, as it won't be "daily driven," and the CR I'm looking to run in is still pump-gas friendly.

I guess I was suprised when he offered to sell me parts, I always thought except for blocks and old cranks, machine shop was where you brought your stuff to get machined. I know better now, and from now on, I'll either let them know I'll be using my own parts, or use someone else.

Thanks again, all,
Tony


Wide open 'til you see God...



Then brake

'64 Stepside 355, 700R4, 10:1 C/R, TCI Streetfighter, Thumper Cam, Hedman Hedders, starting wiring and bodywork shortly, W.I.P.
'07 Charger 3.5L
'99 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 360 4x4 (Sold)
'07 F@#$ Focus ST (Sold)