Bill, I tow my truck with a low boy gooseneck trailer that has a 20 foot deck. It has a GVW of 14,000 lbs. It was built by Kraftsman trailers in NC. They were great to work with and added a few things that I wanted without charging me much for the changes. For one, since the deck is between the fenders the outside tires on the rear would have been off the trailer. I had them make the deck the same width as the outside width of the fenders. I also had them make heavy duty slide in ramps instead of the fold up kind. I didn't want big ramps sticking up in the air.
I am no expert but I was under the impression the 5th wheel hitches were mainly for camper trailers and goosenecks were for hauling and horse trailers.
I agree with Grigg that the tilt type trailers would be great for loading and unloading but I believe they add to the overall weight of the trailer.
There is no comparison to towing with a gooseneck and bumper pull trailer. My one ton truck pulls my truck and trailer (combined weight with a golf cart on the back of the truck at just under 10,000lbs) like a dream. No tugging or jerking at all.
Here is a shot of my truck and trailer.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1534315513083734483ZrDJqJ?vhost=rides

Good luck,
Bill


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!