Look in each cylinder, top to bottom for any sign of a scratch in the wall. You will need to turn the engine so each piston is at the bottom. A broken ring should leave some type of line or mark.

What kind of rings did you put in it?

I once ringed a 318 Dodge with 100,000 miles, done just what you did, honed it out and replaced the rings. I used cast iron rings because they were cheap, problem was the cylinder walls were still semi smooth and the rings never seated. I was using oil like mad, but it wasn't smoking like a fog machine. After two weeks if trying to get them seated, I pulled the engine and replaced the cast iron rings with Moly rings. They seated with in a mile or two and ran for another 100,000. The cast rings looked just like they did when I pulled them out, only polished to a shine on the edges.

Joe