I was 15 when I bought my truck (I'm now 28) for $600. The owner was the nephew of the original owner of the truck when it was bought new. He intented to restore it but never did.

My hopes were to get it running before I turned 16, but that never happened. The engine had previosly been overheated and was cracked in a few places. The body work needed was extensive and the South East Texas weather had taken its toll even though it was garaged.

My father and I got it home and I got it tore down to assess teh situation over the next few years. Then I went off to college and it sat and sat until just the last two years.

Now the truck is being rodded properly and I'm kinda glad that its taken me this long. Over the years I've gathered more skills and knowledge along with patience. It has helped in fitting those patch panels and making progress in the body work. I really only get a chance to work on it for about eight hours every month. When I get my own garage that will increase. Looking forward to it.