The first time I laid eyes on DAISY she was parked under some large oak trees next to an outbuilding on a property where I was doing a landscaping project. I looked her over and discovered a very nice '58 3600 under a bed full of trash and lots of oak sap and dust/dirt accumulation. A peek under the hood showed she had a V8. It was several days before I saw the homeowner and we got to talking trucks and Harleys and when the time seemed right I casually asked him if he was interested in selling the "old truck". To my surprise he said "YES". He started her up and after a few minutes of rough idleing she smoothed out and purred like a kitten. He told me he purchased DAISY from a young guy 18 years ago who had done quite a bit of restoration on her. He had redone the wood in the bed, installed all new wire harnesses, radio, a very nice set of high back bucket seats and lots of chrome knobs, etc. for the interior and painted her... white. The owner told me he had paid $2200 for the truck in 1989. Five years ago he paid a local mechanic to get the 350 installed to replace the 235 that was in the truck when he bought it (it was originally a 283), redo all brakes and wheel cylinders, do some front end work and put new chrome rims and tires on the truck at the same time. He gave me the receipts....$5748.93. The truck had been sitting under the trees for most of the past 3 1/2 years since getting the boot from the garage to make room for the owner's new truck. The owner said he was glad to see someone as enthused about giving her a home as he had been years ago. Needless to say when he said he would let me have the truck for $2500, I didnt waste time trying to "talk him down". I drove it home later that evening and she now has her new home under my carport. Welcome home DAISY.

Carl


'58 3600 350/4-sp/stepside/big window cab
'59 3100 235/4-sp/stepside