Back home on the farm, we had a '46 3/4T. So it's my preference for the art-deco model. We went thru several used 216s. Dad had a friend put in another 216, change the rear wheels to duals, and added a small dump bed. I worked it and drove it a lot. Sunday afternoons were spent joyriding on back mountain roads. One time I changed it over to a 235. It was sold at Dad's farm auction.
Many years later, I was asked to move/tow a '45 1&1/2 T, it set around the neighborhood a long time. Two owners later I was able to buy it, and it's my current project.
I was working at a chevy dealer, when a guy drove in with a nice '64 long wheelbase 1T. He traded it on a new '73. I changed the bed over to the new truck. We bought the '64, and had it set up with a grainbox/cattle racks and hoist. It's still in use for general work around the Camp.


"Nothing is ever as simple as just turning wrenches!"