I bought my 69 C10 from a good friend of mine. He had put a roof on a guys house and the truck was sitting in the driveway. They worked out a deal on the roof job and my buddy had the truck. He has a nice 72 Super Cheyenne so the 69 was parked behind the shed and he would run it once and a while just to keep it going. One day we were talking and I mentioned that I was kind of looking for an older Chevy truck to tow my Nova to the dragstrip and be a cruzer. He said "I have just what you need!" We went out back and I fell in love, I had always wanted a 69 Chevy truck. He kept the engine and trans, I had already started building a 350 for a truck and another friend gave me a 88 700R4. Now I have the engine and trans built and I am working on replacing rocker panels. Hopefuly I'll be able to drive it this year.
Sean