As you probably guessed, my name is Scott, I am 26 and I live in Michigan. I bought my 1950 Chevy 3100 5 window in August of 2005. I have wanted one of these trucks since I was about 10 years old, and from the best I can tell I probably owe it mostly to watching "Grave Digger" on tv. Anyway, my pickup is definately a project to say the least, but one that will be fulfilling and worthwile. I have had my eye on this truck since I was about 15, as it belonged to a good friend of my dad's dad. He had owned it since 1961, and had not driven it since 1977. When he parked it in the woods in 1977, his intention was to save it for his son. Since then hundreds of people had stopped by their house and he refused to sell it. In the summer of '05 unfortunately he passed away. His son had had many conversations with my father about his lack of interest in this truck, and still his father's refusal to sell it. He was just plain determined that his son would have this truck. Well after his passing on afternoon, his son called my house and said that his mother would be moving from the house and that "both" of those old trucks behind the house would have to be moved before she could move, so if I were interested, I would have to work something out with his mother. I immediately went to her house and looked at the truck. It was sitting on its belly in the ground and needed just about everything to revive it, but the thing that finally "forced" me into getting this truck was the look on this old ladies face and the tears in her eyes when she asked me if I could fix Wayne's truck? I looked it over, and knew I couldnt leave this one behind. I told her not only would I fix it, when I finished it I would bring it to her house first and take her for a ride in it when it was finished. She then brought up the other half of the deal that if I were to take it, I would have to take them both, the other of which I had not seen yet. Walking a few hundred yards further back into the woods I see a complete and unrestored 1946 half ton sitting on its belly. Unfortunately for storage space reasons and knowing the extent of what it would take just to get the 50 going, after getting both trucks back to my house, I traded the 46 away for parts for my 50. Since then I have acquired quite an extensive stack of patch panels from various suppliers, a half a pole barns worth of various used panels, including a tailgate, a pair of rear fenders, a frame, and a couple of grilles. My truck is currently sitting a bare cab on a frame waiting for nice weather when I will be installing a 79 Camaro front subframe and rearend, welding in all my patch panels to repair the cab (extensive rust in the cowl and floorboard area) Reassembling the box and building a 350/700R4 combo to drop in it. When it is finished I am planning a bright canary yellow paint job with torque thrust II wheels. I just wanted to share that little story and thank everyone for all the help that have been so far in my restoration.


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300