Originally Posted by Southerntruck
Is there a detail dwg. somewhere that shows the various parts and or details for these windows? I am not at that point yet but want to look at it now to plan. Another question, are there any sources for the exterior trim on these windows, I have looked at what I have and it’s pretty rough.

Don - Take a look at this "Legacy Tech Tip" 1951 Chevy Suburban Side Window/Quarter Window Step-by-Step Installation. I think this will give you something towards installation guidance help.

There are two illustration pages in the 1929-54 Chevy Master Parts Book that Wayne is referring to*, Side view of a Suburban w/end gate and Rear View of a Suburban/Carryall. Unfortunately they don't do a good job of showing all the pieces needed and I can find no diagrams in the 1947-54 fAM.

There may be more info in previous posts on the subject, but we'd need to do some searching to find them.

* NOTE: While attempting to access the Keith Hardy Old Car Manual Project Site through the main page link, I got an error code that won't allow access to the page and all the direct links to each of the manuals/documents they have. It appears they are instituting "Cloudflare" and are suffering from some growing pains, which is prevent access to the main page. There is a partial work around to get access to at least some of the content for anyone that has a direct link to any specific page in one of the manuals they have uploaded. I used a link to a specific page in the Master Parts Book noted, which allowed me to click other links on that page to get to all the other content in that one book. The same should be possible if you have a direct link to pages in the other manuals.


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)