The pump was rebuilt by Then & Now whom I trust to do a proper job.

I will test the pressure, however.

Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Start by checking the fuel pressure, with the engine running on the fuel in the float bowl and the line to the carb deadheaded into a vacuum/pressure gauge. It should be no more than 4 PSI. Some rebuilders use a spring that's way too strong, and the fuel pressure overpowers the needle valve in the carb, causing a high fuel level and a flooding condition. The fuel pump am does not control the output pressure- - -the spring does that. Opening up the carb shows exactly nothing, because it's not the problem.
Jerry

It could show whether or not the brass float is hung up or even filled with gas and sitting in the bottom of the bowl.

I submerged it for 4 hours prior to rebuild and it came out dry but who knows?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)