Fumblin'

I thought the little knob you are talking about was it, but it just spins around... Guess its broke...

As for the voltage, I took a digital Pic. of the generator tag and, according to my Resto Pack, the model # is correct for a '48. There is no voltage marked on the Gen. so I'm [censored]-uming that it is 6V.

Last night I pulled a Bat. cable off with it running and it stopped dead, so the Gen. is not putting out.

All that being said, I plan to pull the alternator off of JR's donor vehicle and convert it to 12V. This way I can use a $35 battery instead of a $70 one and I don't have to mess with trying to fix the Gen... Although it porobably only needs to have the commutator cleaned.

Since I am not a purist, the slight Mod won't bother me.

A few more interesting things I found going through the Resto Pack:

My truck appears to have the optional HD frame. It also has the HD rear springs. I'm speculating that the original owner bought this truck specificly to be a Dump. I would almost bet that it was used to haul coal, as I bought it in the anthracite capital of the world. The fact that it has a true dump body sub-frame seems to confirm this also.

I'm still puzzled that they would use a 5 window with a dump body that completely blocks the view...


IRWIPI 2005 Peoples Choice
Inky,
"It's not that I haven't done IT... It's that I haven't done IT yet."

--------------------
'48 1-1/2 ton Dump
'57 Chevy Panel
'59 Chevy 2 ton Dump