I finally got one! But what is it???
Edit August 2023 by Peggy M: Sorry, much the image link provided did not work. Check some of he other posts. Maybe some images will show up there. (He's got over 300 posts!
)Found it in a field full of 'Bolts... Based upon the information I found while trying to crunch the VIN 14RJ-L**** it is a 1948 1-1/2 ton 137" WB made in Baltimore in December. Some of the "tell tale" indicators of the year are curious though. It would seem to be a model 4100, but I cant find anything on the truck to indicate a model.
The parking brake is located next to the shifter... not by the kick panel... I thought this indicated a '47 ????
The hood emblem seems to be chrome plated steel, which apparently would indicate a later model ????
The valve cover doesn't have any bolts going through the center of it so I am guessing it is a 235 ???? Also, the VIN plate says 81.5 HP at 3100 RPM.
At any rate, It has a 5 window cab and stainless trim around the entire windshield. It also has stainless trim around the door glass... inside and out. It has a dump body with what looks like a home-made cab protector. Curious that someone would have a 5 window and completely block the view???
The truck is in remarkably good shape for it's age. one hole in the floor about the size of a Half Dollar. The body is SOLID, but the fenders have some dents... Nothing a hammer & dolly can't fix. Both door windows are cracked, but the rest of the glass is good.
I don't have a place to post pics right now, but I have submitted it to Peggy for the gallery.
I will be looking for all sorts of advice and technical info so any help will be greatly appreciated. I am ordering the restoration pack today.
I plan to get this back as close to original as possible and put it to work.