The red wire starts at the ignition switch, goes to the fuse, then directly to the B terminal on the wiper switch.

I followed your steps 1-5 below. In doing so the wipers did not turn on. The fuse did not blow.

Gerard


Originally Posted by bartamos
Tell me where the red wire goes. Follow it from the switch. BE SPECIFIC. If you take that long to answer again, I will be done. I can't keep track. I think I would use a 5 amp fuse or the breaker idea until the trouble is found. In case there is a mechanical issue holding motor from turning, repeated tries may be stressing the motor.

This is my suggestion:
1. Take off negative cable at battery.
2. Take off the red wire from the switch. Keep it safe and out of the way. It's a hot wire.
3. Install a temporary wire, any color, from the battery positive post, thru an inline fuse and to the place on the switch ("B") where you took off the red wire.
4. Install negative cable at battery.
5. Turn on wiper switch.
4. Report

You can run this temp wire thru the crack in the opened hood and in thru the door or window and to the switch. 6-7 feet....or thru firewall if convenient. Do not install it any other way than described.


1952 Chevy 3100 with GM Straight 6 250 engine