I just went downstairs to repeat the test again.
I am still running everything off of the test wire with the inline fuse.
The motor ran briefly when the test wire from the battery to the fuse to the red B terminal was used. After several cycles, the fuse blew again.
I'm leaning toward thinking the switch is the next thing to replace. Prior to the fuse blowing, I rotated the wiper switch to the other two positions. Both of the other positions seem to result in no motor movement but the sound of motor strain. It seems the motor was running when the switch was in the off position.
I have to go buy more fuses. I'll repeat the test in a few minutes.
Thoughts welcome.
It is impossible that there was no voltage at the B terminal with the test wire attached to it. What the heck are you doing? Are you reading the instructions carefully?
Gerard, you are mixing us up as far as the "Sequence of Events". Please explain the sequence of events. You say fuse blows, tried the test wire, fuse does not blow, took off linkage fuse blows................we don't know when test wire was used during these events. Please advise when old hot wire was used and when new hot wire was used.
We want you to use ONLY the test wire and a inline fuse on B. Confirm you have a wire directly from the battery to an inline fuse holder, out the holder to B.
Confirm that H, L and P wires go directly to the motor. Confirm if they go thru an inline connector or not. I understand that it looks like a binding issue or bad motor. BUT WE ARE NOT THERE YET. We will be in a few minutes after you answer carefully. Don't guess that you did things right, actually look at the set up of your tests again with an open mind or you will not find a possible error.